We do so many things which can be described as failure
1. Ignoring people in need
2. Spending unnecessarily while we can be giving to those in dire need
3. Stop and listen to what is actually being said to you rather than what you want to hear. Ask for explanations even if you think what you heard is what you heard. It takes a few seconds to explore possibilities
4. There are children and people around us daily in danger, terrified and being tortured. How aware are you? Do you care?
5. Speak less and listen more – I can’t say it enough!!!!!
6. Actually watch the movements of people in your environment. You will be surprised how much you discover. You may even save a life. No this is not snooping or being nosey. It’s called awareness.
7. What are you contributing to the world constructively?
8. Are you making a positive difference or a negative one? Assess yourself and if you can’t self evaluate ask someone you trust to evaluate you.
9. What bad habits can you discard which not contributing to healthier life? Do you smoke, drink, party, drugs, food, pimp, prostitute, gossip, hate, steal, stress, etc
10. What good habits can you pick up which can improve your lifestyle – eat less, exercise, walk, swim, meditate, pray, sleep, work balanced, play balanced, have real friends not social media friend, do not covet what is not for you and don’t believe the hype about the grass being greener because it’s all just a mirage.
There’s so much good in the world but we need to keep passing it on so that more good comes along. Pass it on and stop the evil and evil doers in their tracks. If you live in the USA being good here is just as important as being good abroad. You can’t be good here of appear to be then go abroad and be wicked, sinful and without remorse. People are people wherever you go. They are not less than because they are poor or without means. They are not animals to trap.
If you are foreign and you are in need, seek help without engaging in unsavory means of supporting yourself. We have to stem the habits of the thrill seekers, the evil doers, the pedophiles, the ones looking for opportunity you may deliberately or inadvertently provide.
Poverty is an age old way of creating need and justifying crime. Let’s be more mindful and take it seconds at s time so we can help each other. Help the lost. Those who will never be found, those who are imprisoned and those being raped and tortured. Innocence lost – such a shame and we ought to bow in shame as a people for our failures.
I have an older southern friend who is always chastising me for being “too nice”. His chastising took me back to my childhood and near misses I’ve probably had with losing my life or being molested or assaulted.
Living in the Caribbean as a child we were always told not to trust anyone, not to speak with strangers and NEVER to accept money or gifts from anyone. This was a mantra I can replay back in my head moments where anything could have been possible had I not listened I done what I was told to do.
More recently I think in the las 10 years or so I’ve been studying child labor, sex trafficking of children, women, immigrants and certain profile of men. It’s been a real revelation and it’s really sad that there are people amongst us, walking this earth with us, who are such disgusting, repulsive and inhuman.
They sit next to us in public on trains, buses , ride share. They work with us and some of us are in relationships with them- known or unknown.
What is the solution? I don’t know but I know for myself being aware is vital. Not going anywhere by myself without letting someone else I trust implicitly know. This includes address and name especially if it isn’t on my normal scheduled routines.
Modeling schemes are huge bait and traps for young women and girls. No matter how smart you think you are – THEY ARE SMARTER. Hands down, never underestimate these demons. They are predators and they know exactly how to catch their prey. So, be alert, bd aware, be smart. Always have someone have your back. Do not disconnect yourself from ALL of your family and friends, they depend on you having issues, having broken relationships and being broken. If you are not broken they will attempt to break you physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Be aware beloved – human trafficking is alive and well in this world and they do not care about you nor your love ones.
The list goes on, but we’ve managed to overcome so much provocation only to be reminded often how worthless we are when our men are constantly targeted, harassed , humiliated just because…you are threatened ? I said just because yes.
When our children get beaten, labeled, arrested, stumped, raped and killed as of their lives have no meaning? They are our children and their lives matter to us.
Finally, no matter what our shade, hair texture, shape or size we are not thought of as beautiful nor attractive to the world. We are constantly stereotyped as a means of keeping us stagnated, such a pity, since we are women of natural beauty, a multitude of hair textures to do what ever we please with our hair, shapely and able to carry our various sizes with pride. We are not women to take for granted or to keep in a box. We literally are the universe personified as a woman, a black woman.
We are always looking to improve, reinventing ourselves and keeping our black king next to us while raising our children together.
Now you Know
But it seems the gatekeeper of human beauty standards and family image has a problem with this particular dynamic and it is forever lynching us and creating more deadly chasms than any one person can tolerate. We continue to rise and we go forward , never looking back, but instead learning from our history.
This is more than enough for any red blooded person to be angry about. So there it is, now you know.