What does this word really mean to you?
Do you believe in community?
Who is your community?
This word is very impacting to me for several reasons, but the main ones are as follows:
1. Every ethnic group benefits from community except mine
2. Financial wealth and sustainability is strongest when you have a community base
3. The next generation are more enriched and stronger when community is ever present
So yes, I do strongly believe in a community structure and especially that my particular ethnic group are not manipulated further into buying into everyone else’s community but ours. It is necessary for us to grow ourselves financially and no longer being duped into the overarching community structure versus the immediate which is obvious.
For me my community is comprised of all people in the African diaspora, however the immediate community of Africans in my local diaspora takes precedent in terms of buying and selling. Technology makes it possible now to reach out globally to each other financially.
Links to a few other black businesses you may or may not have heard of:
1. Zena Fadhion Jewelry
2. Jazimations Illustrations
3. MightyMuu videographer Photographer
4. Chef Elti – Chef
5. Chef Agboola Ayodeji
6. Stacey G. Event Planner
7. Figgers Communications